- Baden, C. (forthcoming). Reassembling frames within news discourse: On the identification of coherent meaning in complex, reflexive debates. In P. D'Angelo (ed.), Doing news framing analysis 2: Empirical and theoretical perspectives. New York: Routledge.
- David, C. C. & Baden, C. (forthcoming). Frame analysis. In J. Matthes (ed.), International encyclopedia of communication research methods. New York: Wiley
- Baden, C. & Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. (2016). Viewpoint, testimony, action: How journalists re-position source frames within news frames. Journalism Studies. doi: 10.1080/1461670X.2016.1161495
- Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. & Baden, C. (2016). Journalistic transformation: How source texts are turned into news stories. Journalism. doi: 10.1177/1464884916667873
- Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. & Baden, C. (2016). Collective memory. In G. Mazzoleni, K. Barnhurst, K. Ikeda, R. Maia, & H. Wessler (Eds.), The International Encyclopedia of Political Communication. Wiley-Blackwell. doi: 10.1002/9781118541555.wbiepc138
- Baden, C. & Springer, N. S. (2015). Conceptualizing viewpoint diversity in news discourse. Journalism. doi: 10.1177/0267323114538724
Invited Talks & Workshops
- Automatic measurement of media content. Invited talk at the annual conference of the Institutes for Broadcasting Law and for Broadcasting Economics, "Media Bias im Internet", at the University of Cologne, 19 June 2015.
- The power of sticky stories: Frame resonance and social influence. Invited talk at the workshop on "Social Influence in (cross-platform) Online Context" at Drexel University, 19 March 2016.
- On the power of dumbness: Two philosophies for recording contents in discourse. Invited talk at the workshop "Analyzing political discourse in the international arena" at the Department of Political Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 22-23 March 2015.
- Evolutionary patterns in discourse. Invited talk at the preconference on "Computerlinguistische Methoden der Inhaltsanalyse in den Sozialwissenschaften" at the DHd Digital Humanities Annual Conference in Graz, Austria, 23-24 February 2015.
- Between hegemony and fragmentation: Viewpoint diversity in the Libyan conflict and other crises. Invited talk at Tel Aviv University, 17 December 2014
- Nur nicht nichtstun. Die internationale Berichterstattung über Chemiewaffen in Syrien. Invited talk at the University of the Armed Forces, Munich, 27 November 2014
PRESENTATIONS + PAPERS AT ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCES
- Baden, C. & David, Y. (2016). The hatred of the others. The cultural contingency of news narratives about Jewish terrorism in Israel. Presented at the ECREA 6th European Communication Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Baden, C. & David, Y. (2016). Disturbing news? Constructing culturally resonant narratives of the Jewish terror attacks in Duma and Jerusalem. Presented at the conference on "Regenerating Communication: 50 Years of Communication Research at Hebrew University", Jerusalem, Israel.
- Baden, C. & Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. (2016). This means war: Identifying patterns of escalation in conflict news using quantitative discourse analysis and comparative semantic networks. Paper presented at the 66th ICA Annual Conference, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. & Baden, C. (2016). Journalistic transformation: How source texts are turned into news stories. Paper presented at the 66th ICA Annual Conference, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. & Baden, C. (2016). Uses of collective memory in news discourse on violent escalation. Presented at the ECREA 6th European Communication Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Stalpouskaya, K. & Baden, C. (2016). Pushing the frontiers of information extraction: A Strategy for identifying calls for action in texts about war and conflict. FrOSCon, St. Augustin, Germany. Video Recording
- Baden, C. (2015). Measurement of distortions: Quantities, qualities, and operational challenges in the identification of media bias online. In: Department of Broadcast Economics, University of Cologne: Proceedings of the Department of Broadcast Economics & Department of Broadcast Law joint annual conference on "Media Bias Online".
- Baden, C. & Stalpouskaya, K. (2015). Maintaining frame coherence between uncertain information and changing agendas: The evolving framing of the Syrian chemical attacks in the US, British, and Russian news. Paper presented at the 65th ICA Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Baden, C. & Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. (2015). The journalist's touch: How source frames are transformed into news frames. Presented at the ECREA Journalism Studies Section Conference, Winterthur, Switzerland.
- Stalpouskaya, K. & Baden, C. (2015). To do or not to do: The role of agendas for action in analyzing news coverage of violent conflict. ACL-IJCNLP Annual Conference, Beijing, China.
- Tenenboim-Weinblatt, K. & Baden, C. (2014). Four murdered youths making the news: How journalism transforms source information into conflict coverage. Presented at the Smart Family Institute Conference "Gatekeepers: Communication and cultural and political processes in the Middle East, Jerusalem, Israel.
Many of the outcomes of RECORD have been produced in close cooperation with the INFOCORE ((In)Forming Conflict Prevention, Response, and Reconciliation: The Role of Media in Violent Conflict) Research consortium.